Here is a collection of my projects arranged in chronological order.
Avionic (Airbrake) systemOngoing
- Intercollegiate Rocket Engineering Competition (IREC) at the Spaceport America Cup (SA Cup) 2019
Automatic Face Swapping Between Videos (Github) Fall 2018
- CIS 581 (Computer Vision) final project
- Detect facial landmarks with Face++ API; Match source face to each target face
- Warp face using Delauney trigulation and Barycentric transform
- Correct color by scaling; Seamlessly clone the source face by Poisson blending
Tweet-Based Health Prediction for US CountiesFall 2018
- CIS 520 (Machine Learning) final project, ranked 6/66 on the leaderboard
- Applied PCA to 2000 LDA tweet topics from different US counties; Performed feature engineering on socioeconomics and demographic data
- Implemented a variety of ML algorithm (k-NN, MLP, random forest, Gaussian process regression, etc.) to achieve better accuracy
Object Tracking by Optical Flow (Github) Fall 2018
- CIS 581 (Computer Vision) course project
- Implemented Kanade–Lucas–Tomasi (KLT) feature tracker in Python
Kinematics and Planning of Serial Manipulator (Github) Fall 2018
- Formulated foward, inverse and velocity kinematics of 5 DOF Lynx robot.
- Collision-free path planning with Probablistic Roadmap Method (PRM) and Artificial Potential Field.
- Methods evaluated using both MATLAB simluation and on a physical Lynx robot.
- Designed a vision-based pick-and-place system for KUKA iiwa 14 manipulator in V-REP using Coplanar POSIT and PRM.
Image Stitching and Panorama by Feature Matching (Github) Fall 2018
- Feature point selection by Adaptive Non-Maximal Suppression (ANMS)
- Homography estimation with RANSAC
- Image warping, stitching, and gredient-domain blending
Autonomous Robot for the DJI Robomaster AI Challenge (Github)Summer 2018
- Visual detection and tracking of supply box and enemy armor with OpenCV
- Map-Based localization using LIDAR
- Servo and Look&Move controller for grasping
- Decision-making based on Behavior Tree
Remote Control FoosballSummer 2018
Navigation and Control of a Quadrotor UAV with Reinforcement LearningSpring 2018
- End-to-end control policy represented by a Multilayer Perceptron (MLP) network.
- Learn through trails in simulator using Proximal Policy Optimization (PPO) implemented with TensorFlow.
- Discretize environment into girds and learn optimal path using Q-Learning.
Autonomous Navigation of a Quadrotor in Unknown Environment2017
- Realtime trajectory generation from RGB-D sensor with OpenCV.
- Implemented the model predictive controller (MPC) in Python.
- Performed simulation in ROS/Gazebo.
Human-Robot-Interface PlatformSummer 2017
During my summer internship in the University of Pennsylvania, I participated in the development of the robot Quori. Quori is an HRI (Human Robot Interaction) platform under developed by Modlab in UPenn’s GRASP Lab.
Cooperative Transport with Two Quadrotors2017-2018
- Managed a group of four students in a funded research project: Cooperative Transportation with Two AR Drone Quadrotors.
- Established a multi-robot experimental platform by setting up OptiTrack motion capture system, local wireless network, and ROS software.
- Performed modeling and identification of the AR Drone dynamic model; Designed PID controller to achieve trajectory control.
- Designed and validated cooperative controller for multiple quadrotors rigidly attached to planer payload.
Automated Jigsaw Puzzle Solving with Cartesian ManipulatorFall 2016
- Achieved automated jigsaw puzzle solving on tounchscreen tablet.
- Digital image processing (region segmentation, SIFT feature matching, template matching) with C++ and OpenCV.
- Graphical user interface written in C++ and Qt.
- Send GCode motion commands to serial port to control a cyberDIP device.
Spider Insight - Web crawlerSpring 2017
I am enthusiastic in writing web crawlers. Spider Insight is a Python program developed during the 2017 HACKxSJTU hackathon.
Automated Commodity Futures Trading2016-2017
Maze Solving RobotSpring 2016
The course project of Science and Technology Innovation (Part 4-E) at SJTU. The project involves hardware design of a three-wheel mobile robot and software programming of the PSoC4 embedded controller. In the final, the robot was able to track a black line, autonomously navigate through a maze, estimate odometry accurately with encoder and inertial sensors and receive Bluetooth teleop commands to do complex maneuvers.
7-Segment Digit Recognition in LabVIEWFall 2015
The course project of Science and Technology Innovation (Part 3-F).
FPGA Based Video GameSpring 2015
The course project of ES003 (Electronics Lab) at SJTU.
Amateur Rocketry 2009-2013
- Started from 2009, I built my own rocket system capable of reaching 3000ft.
- KNDX fuel grain manufactured at home using recrystallization method at controlled temperature.
- Reliable solid rocket motor ground tested for more than 100 times.
- Avionic system controls staging and recovery.